Cargo Inspection Service offers pre-shipment inspection services for exportation and importation products in reefer and dry containers , evaluating and supervising the following aspects:
- Visual inspection of containers (reefer and dry):
Unit physical evaluation.
Preparation and cleaning.
Review of PTI (Pre-trip Inspection) label and the cargo label (refrigerated cargo).
Review of refrigerated cargo parameters (temperature set point, evaporator defrost interval, air exchange, relative humidity, gas composition with controlled/modified atmosphere units).
- Product appearance and visual condition.
- Evaluation of quality parameters for fruits and vegetables (ripening, diseases, physiological disorders and defects).
- In place quick physical and chemical analysis using rapid methods and equipment (moisture, size, texture, upon request).
- Cargo sampling for laboratory analysis according to statistical sampling methods. Sealing, identification, preservation and custody of samples for delivery to a local laboratory (upon request of the client).
- Detection of defective packaging: units torn, stained, deformed, beaten, with defective sealing.
- Product temperature statistics at the moment of stuffing or stripping.
- Evaluation of packaging, palletizing, stowage and lashing in containers and their incidence with air flow within the unit (reefers).
- Revision of quantity parameters: type, number of packages, weights and marks according to the packing list.
- Checking compliance with the maximum payload of the container.
- Stuffing log and facts including precipitations, ambient temperature and air relative humidity.
- Revision of placement of security seal.
- Audiovisual or photographic record of the stuffing/stripping process.