Condensation is an important problem in food and cargo transportation in trips taking place during winter months. Condensation results in millionaire losses every year.
This online course in English was designed for personnel with no knowledge of physics and thermodynamics, with emphasis in understanding the psychrometric properties of air, the condensation phenomenon, its causes and mitigation or prevention using ventilation, suitable packaging, proper stowage and utilization of desiccants. Preparation of dry containers for the transportation of moisture sensitive products subjected to condensation risks will be addressed.
C 1. Course Objectives-Occurrence of condensation-Theoretical aspects
C 2. Types of condensation-Susceptibility of cargo to condensation
C 3. Prevention and mitigation of condensation: Preparation-Stowage-Ventilation
- C 3.1 Prevention of condensation: Stowage and ventilation in ship holds
- C Audiovisual: Ventilation channels-Stowage of rice in bags
- Quiz C4E: Prevention of condensation in ships
- C 3.2 Prevention of codensation: Stowage and preparation of containers
- Quiz C5E: Prevention of condensation damage in containers
C 4.0 Prevention of condensation in containers: use of desiccants
0.00 average based on 0 ratings